Health editor James Gallagher of BBC News website, talks about the latest research regarding Hormone Replacement Therapy drugs and the increased risk of ovarian cancer.
- Women have a one in 50 chance of developing ovarian cancer in their lifetime
- Taking HRT for five years is linked to one extra case of ovarian cancer per 1,000 women
- That takes the expected incidence from 20 women in 1,000 to 21 per 1,000
- One million women in the UK are on HRT
- There are 7,000 cases of ovarian cancer in the UK each year
You can read the complete review here: http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31439203